School District Administrators: Do You Have a Communications Plan?
- What do you have in place right now to get your students, teachers, and buses the help they need, when they need it?
- Do you need to improve your district’s hand-held radio and communication needs, or develop one from scratch?
- Are your buses able to let you know if they are in trouble, broken down, or if you need to reroute them to a safe location?
- Can your teachers or staff immediately notify the main office or their district police departments when they need to report an emergency, or get help to their locations?
- Have you included your communications plans as part of your safety and security plan?
If you have no plan in place, or if you find that your communications package is lacking, give R Gonzales Consulting a call. Under his 16 years of leadership and direction as the Director of School Safety at Cy-Fair I.S.D. in Houston—the third-largest school district in the State of Texas—Ralph created and implemented one of the most comprehensive and well-thought-out communications packages in the country.
Today, Cy-Fair I.S.D. is now widely considered to be the nation’s premier school district when it comes to development and implementation of a solid district-wide communications system—and this is all due to Ralph’s expertise and diligence.
R. Gonzales Consulting will work with your group and either help you create your own plan, or provide input into your existing plans. Please don’t wait until you have a crisis to act! A communications emergency can happen at any time, in any place, and it’s imperative that you have a plan.