It’s time we stop delaying the inevitable and begin putting together a real effort in hardening our “soft targets” and stop our vulnerability to violence and crime. Ultimately, as the leader of your organization or Superintendent of your schools, minister of your congregation, you need to stop saying “this will never happen here”. Have you considered?
- Keyless access control and entry?
- Visitor software that can also check reported registered sex offenders?
- Bullet resistant vestibules that prohibit further access into a building until permitted?
- Strategically placed panic buttons that integrate with your bell system to alert all of a lock down event?
- Outside cameras and emergency stand-alone phones that can be used during an emergency?
- Using your current camera system and having it integrate with your floor plans that provide hyperlinks and access to first responders and staff remotely to provide live views?
- Having an exit plan in place that you share with your employees or congregation?
Please allow me to help you and your teams by talking with you about the possibilities of making your site safer and less vulnerable. I have over 45 years of experience in law enforcement, safety planning, and security. The time for hesitation is over… these events are not going to stop. DO SOMETHING NOW!
Be Safe…God Bless. www.rgonzalesconsulting.com